Support Local, Shop Local, Go Local
It's an exciting time around Kimmel Orchard, as we prepare to open on June 8th. We have all been (not so) patiently waiting to re-open the doors again and welcome guests back to the orchard. It has been a roller-coaster of a year so far, but it is finally time! All local businesses, including Kimmel Orchard, appreciate their guests' dedication and support. Below are 5 reasons why you should shop and support local businesses like ours.
1. Experience more of a personal connection. The employees of a local store tend to feel more connected with their products and services resulting in a more personal shopping experience. They are more likely to go the extra mile for guests and can usually provide extra details, stories, and uses for the products being sold.
2. Creates more jobs. Not only are you supporting the business as a whole, you are also supporting each employee. Shopping local allows businesses to create jobs for people within the community.
3. Unique array of products. Local stores tend to have products that you cannot find elsewhere. This makes both the business and their products exciting, as you can only purchase them at their store.
4. Helps build a better community. Shopping local helps create and encourage community cohesiveness and personal relationships. This results in a tight-knit community that supports one another.
5. Your money is more likely kept within the local economy. It is said for every $100 spent at a local business, $68 of it will be kept in the community. However, if that money is spent at a national chain, only $43 stays within the community.
These are only a handful of reasons to shop local. This blog would become far too long, if every benefit of shopping local was listed. We appreciate all of our guests and wouldn't be where we are today without all of you! Show local businesses in your area love and support.
Alyssa Rosenbaum - Education and Food Safety Intern