YIELD: 8 ENCHILADAS
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 - 8 oz packages of shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 package of tortillas
- 1 jar of Kimmel Orchard Tomatillo Salsa or Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- Mix cooked chicken, onions, soup, and 1 cup sour cream with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay a tortilla flat. Add about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Roll the tortilla up and place in a 9x13 greased pan. Repeat this step for 8 enchiladas or until mixture is gone.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 jar of salsa with remaining sour cream (1/4 cup). Pour over enchiladas.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
YIELD: 1 PIE
- 7 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pie crusts
- Peel 7 Granny Smith Apples, remove core and slice evenly. Place in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Over medium heat on the stove top, melt the butter. Add flour and whisk until thickened. Once thickened, add the water, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Whisk until blended and let simmer for a minute.
- Remove mixture from heat and mix with the sliced apples in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside a small amount of sauce mixture to put on top of the pie as a drizzle.
- Pour apples into pie crust.
- Using the second pie crust, make a lattice or preferred design to cover pie using the pastry wheel.
- Pour the remaining sauce that was earlier set aside on top of crust and cover pie with foil.
- Put pie into oven for 12 minutes. On the rack below pie, place a baking sheet to catch any pie drippings.
- After 12 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook 50-60 minutes. Remove pie when golden brown.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus, cut up
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 orange, squeezed
- 1 jar Kimmel Orchard Medium Orange Salsa
- 1 3/4 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp Kimmel Orchard Shallot & Leeks Seasoning
- In a large fry pan, heat vegetable oil.
- While oil is heating, season cut chicken with shallot & leek seasoning.
- When oil is hot, add cut chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add jar of medium orange salsa and mix. Then, add asparagus and orange juice. Cover and cook until thick.
- Once the mixture is thick, add cooked rice and fluff with fork.
Tip: Cornstarch may be needed if thicker sauce is desired.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 package mixed greens
- 1/2 quart of strawberries
- 1 bundle of asparagus, washed and diced
- 3/4 cup cheese (your choice)
- 1/2 cup of candied pecans
- 1 bottle Kimmel Orchard Vidalia Onion Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Pour the package of greens into a bowl.
- Add strawberries, asparagus, cheese, pecans, and dressing.
- Toss salad for the perfect flavor.
Modification: Try adding grilled chicken.